Whyte Avenue Art Walk
Every Friday to Sunday (June 11 - August 1, 2021)
Presented by Paint Spot & Ice On Whyte Festival Society
in partnership with Wild Heart Collective & The Public
Located at the former Army & Navy building on Whyte Ave (10411 82 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB)
Entrance Only - Located on the East side of the building (Calgary Trail)
Exit Only - Located on the North side of the building (Whyte Avenue)
Every Weekend (Friday to Sunday) from June 11 to August 1, 2021
Fridays: 3:00pm - 8:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
About the Event
The Whyte Avenue Art Walk has found a way to continue creating a place for local artists to connect with audiences that appreciate and purchase their work. This year Art Walk is moving inside the Army & Navy building on Whyte Ave and hosting a smaller Whyte Avenue Art Walk every weekend (Friday to Sunday) from June 4 to August 1, 2021.
The Art Walk is a non-juried event that attracts professional artists, amateurs, and students. People are invited to buy art directly from the artists. All artists, brave enough to share their work, are welcome to participate. Artists are encouraged to bring their supplies and their ideas and make art right on site, providing an exciting opportunity for visitors to become engaged in many creative processes.
COVID-19 Measures in Place
All patrons, artists, volunteers and staff will be required to wear a mask and maintain a distance of 2 meters. The Whyte Avenue Art Walk must follow all health guidelines in accordance with the COVID-19 pandemic to ensure the safety of all our artists, staff, volunteers and patrons
- The market layout will be set up to accommodate social distancing with 2 metres between each exhibit with the exception of an artist purchasing two booths or tables beside each other.
- MASKS are mandatory for all artists, staff, volunteers and patrons - no exceptions.
- 10% capacity in the facility
- Entrances will be controlled. All patrons, staff, volunteers & artists must complete an AHS COVD-19 self-evaluation before entering the building
- Contact information will be required for contact tracing
- Recommended hand sanitizing or washing hands between transactions
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the market however we recommend bringing your own
- Enhanced cleaning at the end of the day.
- Arrows will be marked on the floor to indicated one way traffic flow - with the exception of the stairs which will be marked as two way traffic
- No bathroom access for patrons
- No Food or Drink
- No Pets
- If patrons do not comply with the health guidelines, they will be asked to leave the premises.