The Public is a community uniting food lovers and food makers through markets, kitchens and retail.
This season we have an exciting opportunity within our growing company to help execute the 124 Grand Market. We're looking for an enthusiastic and organized individual to assist with event management, project management and production execution of the 124 Grand Market. 124 Grand Market is operating 3 locations for the Spring, Summer and Fall 2023 season — Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays, plus an additional site with 10 activations throughout July and August. We will be activating at Fort Edmonton Park for the Edmonton Christmas Market in December 2023.
In this role, you will work closely with the Markets & Festivals Director, Market Site Team, and the Marketing Communications team to/assist with a variety of tasks as they pertain to:
- Event planning & execution
- Event marketing
- Program development & execution
- Project management
- Grant writing
- Vendor Scheduling
- Vendor Invoicing
Duties may include:
- Assist with event and market management
- On-site management of market/events, as needed
- Email correspondence with event partners
- Email correspondence with event vendors
- Vendor Scheduling on AirTable
- Administration, Invoicing, Data entry as it related to markets
- Stakeholder and community engagement
- Answer phone/email inquiries and correspondence with potential vendors/customers
- Assist with managing vendor/customer complaints
- Assist with grant writing
- Assist with updates to digital media content, as needed
- Update digital market schedule(s)
- Arrange special services/requests of vendors, if needed
- Greet guests/customers, if needed
Opportunity Details & Application
Work Location: On-site, in office.
Proposed Start Date: Immediately*
Contract Term: As soon as possible until March 31, 2024
Compensation: Experience dependant
Email email@example.com your cover letter and resume, including 2 references for contact.